Cardiology Ward – Marie Curie Children’s Hospital, Bucharest
We have provided site engineering and project management for the modernization and improvement of The Cardiology Ward at the “Marie Curie” Children’s Hospital Bucharest, a “The Heart of Children” Association project. The project was finished in November 2012.
For the modernization and improvement of the area that accommodates The Cardiology Ward, the following work was undertaken:
- each of the 10 patient beds was designed with special medical systems which provide all the medical gases needed for patient care, all electrical sockets for medical equipment, along with bars allowing easy installation of medical equipment and vital signs monitors.
- installation of a new air conditioning system in the nursery room.
- special linoleum was laid on the whole department floor.
- an automated semi-airtight Metaflex-Metaficient sliding door was installed at the ward entrance.
- we have also designed and implemented the data network, nurse call system, together with video surveillance and security and control access systems.
- special Hella outdoor blinds were installed at every window.
The total investment for the modernization and improvement of The Cardiology Ward at the “Marie Curie” Children’s Hospital Bucharest was of about € 55,000. The financial aid coming from ING Life Insurance was of about € 25,000, the financial aid from Linde Gas Romania was of about € 20,000 and the contribution of “The Heart of Children” Association was of about € 10,000 (gathered from € 2 SMS donations, 2% contribution from the income tax of natural persons’, sponsorships and humanitarian aids).